Since its publication, Harry Potter has been a touchstone of popular culture. Like many iconic stories, the quotes of Harry Potter are everywhere. From words of encouragement during dark times to sassy one-liners, this series has it all. These quotes are somehow extremely relatable in the real world despite a disappointing lack of magic. Here are five situations where the sentiment of these quotes ring true:
- When you decide to question instructions from your boss or teacher.
- When you don’t want to do the thing and your friends try to help you get out of it.
- Any introvert who just wants to chill out and read their book for the 10th time.
- That feeling when you’re so tired that a burn just kind of slips out. Goodbye filter, hello sass master.
- When it’s hour six of studying for finals with your friends and you’re beyond done.
- When someone’s being super unclear for the 90th time and you’re done.
- When someone’s trying to convince you to do something stupid and you can see the “bad idea” sign flashing over their head.
- When you’re procrastinating but know your adult responsibilities are lurking.
- When you accidentally let a secret slip to a gossipmonger.
- When someone’s acting like a jerk and you’re the only one who seems to care.
What is your favorite Harry Potter quote? Let me know in the comments below! There are so many gems that it was difficult to narrow it down to this list. With a sassy character like Harry as the main character, the relatable quotes are endless. When was the last time you read these books? It might be time to crack open the series again to re-experience these awesome characters. Happy reading!