If someone mentioned William Shakespeare, what would first come to mind? Great plays? A ton of sonnets? Or maybe you’re someone who recalls falling asleep to Shakespeare in English class. Either way, Shakespeare’s name usually brings back memories. Due to prose and old language in his plays, many people forget one of the best parts about Shakespeare: his witty remarks. Shakespeare’s work is full of iconic insults and comebacks that are still great to this day. Here are a few iconic insults and comebacks that you might even want to use in your own life.
- This comeback for someone being an idiot
- When an obnoxious person pisses you off
- The sassiest burn…no pun intended.
- A great response for a person being sassy for no reason
- For anyone being a terrible person. Or for laughs
- A creative comeback
- A burn destined for the biggest idiot
- The most modern sounding Shakespeare insult ever.
- One of the best bants from Much Ado About Nothing
- The perfect comeback to use when you’re done with someone.
What are some of your favorite Shakespeare insults or comebacks? Do you have a favorite Shakespeare play? Let me know in the comments below! I had such a great time looking into witty Shakespeare comebacks. If you need something to spice up your day, take the time to look up some more great Shakespeare comebacks. You won’t regret it. Happy reading!