10 More Relatable Author Quotes about Writing
Welcome back to another week of blog posts about writing and books! This week, I could not resist bringing back a post that I loved researching. As a writer, you’ve probably thought that you’re the only one struggling. Surely once you are published all of these problems go away! Alas, that is not the case. Even famous authors with dozens of books published still struggle with the writing process. If you’ve read my previous post, then you know where this is going. It’s time for more relatable author quotes about writing! This time I’ve tried to sprinkle in a few that are more motivational, because we all need that sweet motivation sometimes.
- This first quote is a mood. Thomas knows what’s up.
- Writing hacks: the Mark Twain special. I couldn’t resist including this one even though it’s more of a writing tip.
- Anonymous really understands the struggle of modern writers.
- Steven understands the meaning of procrastination for writers.
- That ten page book isn’t as easy to write as it looks, my friends.
- I don’t know why, but this is very true.
- Mr. Neil Gaiman back at it again. We’ve all experienced something in a similar vein.
- The unknown is both the fun and the dread of being a writer. Beatrix prefers to focus on the optimistic side of things.
- Those who are both readers and writers have felt this at some point. Who wouldn’t love to call up their favorite writer for advice and a lovely chat?
- If you hadn’t noticed, I love Neil Gaiman and his catalogue of relatable writing quotes.
What did you think of these quotes? Was there one that related to you the most? Let me know in the comments below! I always love going on a quest to find these. I often stumble upon things that are both insightful and hilarious. If you want to find some more great quotes about writing, check out my other post, or search “writing” in Goodreads quotes. Thanks so much for reading, and happy writing!