Writing can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it’s exciting to create new worlds and characters. On the other, there are parts that feel like pulling teeth just to get an idea down. When we’re in the depths of writing despair, it often feels like we’re alone. Surely none of those amazing published authors have these problems! Thankfully, that is not the case. In fact, many published authors go through the same trials as you when writing. Writers have a few words about writing that are very relatable. I’ve compiled thirteen that I’ve found especially relatable.
- This quote about deadlines that is too real.
- Ernest shows up a lot on this list, because he speaks the truth.
- True for both writing and life.
- This quote from Stephen King about the curse of adverbs.
- Again, true for both life and writing.
- Words of wisdom if you’re struggling with your first draft.
- Soothing words for anyone who feels confused about the writing process.
- Neil knows how we all feel at the beginning of a writing session.
- Dorothy understands the writing dilemma.
- Perfect for the introvert in all of us.
- Ernest is back with more relatable words.
- A writer’s most feared weapon.
- Finally the most accurate quote about writing.
What was your favorite quote? Do you have a favorite quote about writing? Let me know in the comments below! I always love hearing other writer’s perspectives on writing. This will be my last writing-themed post before we enter into NaNoWriMo. I’m planning on giving it another shot this year, this time with a new genre focus. I’ll have some more information about it in my next writing post on November 3rd. In the meantime, let me know if you are participating in NaNoWriMo in the comments below. Thanks so much for reading and happy writing!